SUP'n SIP #1 2022
SUP'n SIP is BACK ! Join us for a friendly, social paddle around Desborough Island. Bring your own SUP or hire one from us. We paddle as a group and will stop off at a riverside pub towards the end for some well earned refreshment! As always, no one gets left behind.
Time & Location
14 Apr 2022, 16:30 – 19:00
Walton-on-Thames, Manor Rd, Walton-on-Thames KT12 2PF, UK
About the Event
This will the our first social paddle of 2022 and a perfect opportunity to blow the cobwebs off and get out on the river.
As usual we paddle for around an hour before having a break for some refreshment. This first paddle will likely take 90 minutes but the pace is relaxed and the trip is all about sharing the glide and paddling as a group.
The plan is to head up stream under Walton Bridge, along The Cut, then turn right to circle Desborogh Island downstream, before paddling back to The Anglers for a well-earned post-paddle drink.
It's a great way to meet like minded paddlers, make new friends and/or reconnect with some old ones! Places are limited for safety reasons so reserve yours now.
PARKING : Free parking outside The Anglers/The Swan pubs.
ACCESS : Via the tow path opposite the pub.
Please take care crossing the parking area with boards and wet-shoes are recommended.
- Paddlers must be competent (able to fully control a board) and must take full responsibility for their own ability.
- If you bring your own board please arrive 30 minutes before the departure time to get set up.
- just SUP uk accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings/equipment and participants paddle at entirely their own risk.
- Participants using their own boards are reasponsible for ensuring they have the appropriate licence to use the river.
- Own-board participants must also ensure that their equipment, including leashes and PFDs are in good working order. The wearing of a PFD is now mandatory for all participants in just SUP uk group paddles.
- Should the weather or river conditions prevent the event from going ahead (for safety reasons), just SUP uk will roll any fees paid on to the next event.
- PFDs (buoyancy aids) are included in the fee paid to participate and are mandatory.
- Register for the event and select OWN BOARD or HIRE BOARD options.
- Complete the Consent & Medical Declaration Form (even if using your own board)
- Number of places is limited.
- Cost of drinks/food is not included in any fees paid to attend the event.
- Paddles in the river for 4.45pm please.
- Ticket type
Using my own board.Price£5.00
- Ticket type
Using a HIRE board.Price£25.00