SUP'n SIP : HAM ISLAND
Red, white and blue optional for this Jubilee paddle around the back of Ham Island!
Time & Location
02 Jun 2022, 19:00 – 03 Jun 2022, 21:00
Old Windsor, Straight Rd, Old Windsor, Windsor SL4 2SH, UK
About the Event
Another channce to get out on the water and enjoy the peaceful calm of a Thames back water without the usual convoy of boats.
We will launch from the Bells of Ouzely pub car park at 7pm and head up stream towards Friday Island at Old Windsor lock. From there we'll fork right and follow the original course of the Thames all the way up to the weir where we'll turn round and gently head back.
Whilst as always, the SUP'n SIP is for competant paddlers, no one gets left behind - it's not a race. We will paddle at a gentle pace and stay as a group. As it's one of the Jubilee bank holidays feel free to decorate yourselves or your boards !
You are welcome to bring your own SUP or hire one from us for the occasion .
Some important info below:
- Paddlers must be competent (able to fully control a board) and must take full responsibility for their ability.
- If you bring your own board please arrive 30 minutes before the departure time to set your gear up.
- Those wishing to hire a board please use click the HIRE option when registering.
- just SUP uk accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings/equipment.
- Participants using their own boards are reasponsible for ensuring they have the appropriate licence to use the river.
- Own-board participants must also ensure that their equipment, including leashes and PFDs are in good working order.
- Should the weather or river flow prevent the event from going ahead due to safety reasons, just SUP uk will roll any fees paid on to the next event.
- The wearing of PFDs (buoyancy aids)is mandatory for ALL participants and is included in the cost of participating.
- Costs of drinks and/or food is not included.
- If the event has to be called off due to poor weather conditions all/any fees will be carried over to the next alternative date.
- just SUP uk standard T&Cs will apply to all participants hiring a SUP.
- Ticket type
I will be using my own SUP board.Price£5.00
- Ticket type
I'd like to hire a boardPrice£25.00