SUP'n SIP : Pharaoh's Island
Time & Location
About the Event
We are launching from the green open area opposite Pharaoh's Island at Shepperton (ie. 500m or so upstream from Shepperton Lock). You will need to approach the Dockett Eddy Lane end and please make sure you park tight on the RIGHT hand side. There is limited parking at the lock itself but then a short walk/SUP up the meeting point.
From there it will be a 1.7mile paddle upstream to the The Bridge Hotel at Chertsey bridge where we'll grab a drink and possible a bite to eat. After that it's a 'downstreamer' back to the cars for around 9pm hopefully (no car park to worry about this time!)
You are welcome to bring your own SUP or hire one from us for the occasion if you don't have one.
- Paddlers must be competent (able to fully control a board) and must take full responsibility for their ability.
- If you bring your own board please arrive 30 minutes before the departure time to set your gear up.
- just SUP uk accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings/equipment.
- Participants using their own boards are reasponsible for ensuring they have the appropriate licence to use the river.
- Own-board participants must also ensure that their equipment, including leashes and PFDs are in good working order.
- Should the weather or river flow prevent the event from going ahead due to safety reasons, just SUP uk will roll any fees paid on to the next event.
- PFDs (buoyancy aids) are included in the cost of hiring a board and are mandatory for those hiring a board.
- Register for the event and select OWN BOARD or HIRE BOARD options.
- Number of places is limited for safety reasons.
- Cost of drinks/food is not included in any fees paid to attend the event.
- OWN BOARD£5£50£0
- HIRE BOARD£25£250£0