SUP'n SIP : Pharaoh's Island
A gentle, social paddle from Chertsey Bridge to Pharaoh's Island and back.
Time & Location
28 Jul 2022, 18:45 – 29 Jul 2022, 20:45
Chertsey, Chertsey KT16 8LF, UK
About the Event
The Social SUPs are exactly that...social !
And a great opportunity to forget the stresses of the week and get out on the river for an evening paddle for couple of hours with some like-minded SUPrs, ahead of the weekend.
The aim is to paddle as a group, make new friends and have a chat along the way. It's not a race and no one gets left behind.
We will launch from the small car park at Chertsey Bridge and head down-stream to Pharaoh's Island where we may stop for some refreshment at Thames Court (!). Then it's a loop around the island and head back to the car park (oppsoite the Kingsher Pub - we might pop in there after the paddle if we don't stop at Thames Court) .
- Wearing of PFDs (buoyancy aids) is mandatory for all participants.
- Participants should be competent at controlling their board at all times (ie. getting on/off, steering, stopping and turning around).
- Those using their own boards are responsible for ensuring they are licensed for the Thames and have adequate liability insurance.
- Own board users should arrive appx 20-30 minutes before in order to gear up.
- Own board participants must also ensure that their equipment, including leashes and PFDs are in good working order.
- just SUP uk is not responsible for any damage or loss to own board users equipment or personal belongings.
- The cost of hiring a board includes all equipment (incl PFD) and river licences.
- Should the weather or river flow prevent the event from going ahead due to safety reasons, just SUP uk will roll any fees paid on to the next event.
- The cost of drinks/food is not included in any fees paid to attend.
- just SUP uk standard terms and conditions apply to all board hirers