SUP'n SIP : BACK OF BEYOND...
Another slightly more challenging SUP'n SIP along another hidden Thames backwater! Competent SUP'ers only please. As the evenings are now drawing in, the pub stop will be at the end of the Paddle.
Time & Location
09 Sept 2021, 18:00 – 21:00
Staines-upon-Thames, The Hythe, Staines-upon-Thames, Staines TW18 3JB, UK
About the Event
Once again we will be taking to the Thames to enjoy an evening's paddle with some like-minded folk.
In keeping with trying to find interesting new 'spots', this SUP'n SIP should deliver! However, as we start to loose the light at around 8pm we will not stop at the pub until the end of the paddle.
The paddle will aim to cover appx 2.4miles and we will launch from and return to The Swan Hotel at Staines. The first half of the paddle will be upstream, to be follwed by a nice 'downwinder' to the pub for appx 7.30/8pm.
Whilst not as technical as the last SUP'n SIP (!) it will involve navigating some shallow, narrow and faster moving stretches of water. Good board control and some 'paddle-effort' are required.
You are welcome to bring your own SUP or hire one from us for the occasion.
PARKING : Park up outside/opposite The Swan Hotel (2 hours free).
ACCESS : Walk past the hotel towards Staines Bridge where there is footpath to the river (see dotted green line on the map) where boards can be pumped up or next to the cars on the pavement.
- Paddlers must be competent (able to fully control a board) and must take full responsibility for their own ability.
- If you bring your own board please arrive 30 minutes before the departure time to set your gear up.
- just SUP uk accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings/equipment and participants paddle at entirely their own risk.
- Participants using their own boards are reasponsible for ensuring they have the appropriate licence to use the river.
- Own-board participants must also ensure that their equipment, including leashes and PFDs are in good working order.
- Should the weather or river conditions prevent the event from going ahead (for safety reasons), just SUP uk will roll any fees paid on to the next event.
- PFDs (buoyancy aids) are included in the cost of hiring a board and are mandatory for those hiring a board.
- PFDs are also highly recommended for those using their own boards.
- Register for the event and select OWN BOARD or HIRE BOARD options.
- Number of places is limited.
- Cost of drinks/food is not included in any fees paid to attend the event.
- Some parts of the backwater are quite shallow and depending on river level, may involve a short walk to protect board fins. Appropriate footwear is strongly recommeded.
- Paddles in the river for 6pm please.
I will hire a board.£25.00
I will use my own board.£5.00