SUP'N SIP : HAM ISLAND
The perfect way to finish off your day and get out on the river with some fellow paddlers... with a pint at the pub of course.
Time & Location
02 Aug 2023, 18:45 – 21:00
Windsor, Windsor SL4 2SH, UK
About the Event
A gentle paddle upstream around part of Hamm Island and back. Total distance appx 3miles and approximate paddle time 90minutes.
We will launch at the Bells of Ouzely Pub (Old Windsor) and return there for the traditional post-SUP drink.
As always, this is a social paddle (not a race) and the aim is to enjoy the river and have a chat along the way with some like-minded folk and rehydrate on our return.
Whether you're a regular paddler or just need a reason to get out on the water the SUP'n SIPS are for you. You can use your own board or hire one of ours. The only requirement is that you are a competant paddler (see below).
PARKING : Park at the pub car park - please register your reg at the pub on arrival.
ACCESS to RIVER : Via the tow path opposite the pub. Please take care crossing the road with your board!
- Paddlers must be competent (able to fully control a board) and must take full responsibility for their own ability.
- If you bring your own board please arrive 20minutes before the departure time to set your gear up.
- just SUP uk accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings/equipment; and participants paddle at entirely their own risk.
- Participants using their own boards are reasponsible for ensuring they have the appropriate licence to use the river.
- Own-board participants must also ensure that their equipment, including leashes and PFDs are in good working order.
- Should the weather or river conditions prevent the event from going ahead (for safety reasons), just SUP uk will roll any fees paid on to the next event.
- PFDs (buoyancy aids) are included in the cost of hiring a board and are mandatory for anyone participating (even with their own board). hiring a board.
- Register for the event below and select OWN BOARD or HIRE BOARD options.
- Number of places is limited.
- Cost of drinks/food is not included in any fees paid to attend the event.
- Paddles in the river for 6.45pm please.
- Ticket type
I will hire a board for this event.Price£25.00
- Ticket type
I will use my own board.Price£5.00