SUP'n SIP : NEWARK PRIORY no.2
An 'adventure paddle' along the River Wey to the 12th century Newark Priory near Ripley, with a stop at the Seven Stars Pub to round off the evening.
Time & Location
11 Aug 2022, 18:50 – 21:00
Ripley, Ripley, Woking GU23 6DP, UK
About the Event
This is awhat we class an 'adventure paddle' that will require good paddle technique.
It involves two separate board carries - one around a lock plus another, short 'off-piste', board-carry through some undergrowth so footwear and leggings are recommended to avoid stinging nettles.
The river can be shallow in places and has some low hanging branches & fallen trees - wits and board control are required to stay dry!
The pay off will be certainly worth it though with a beautiful paddle through unspoilt countryside.
As always, the objective is to enjoy a social paddle and a chat with some like minded fellow SUPrs. The pace is gentle but may require some effort on the upstream stretches of the river.
- Paddlers must be competent (able to fully control a board) and take full responsibility for their ability.
- The paddle route may involve a board-carry (portage) and participants should be able to carry their own equipment.
- If you bring your own board please arrive in time to set your gear up (suggest 20mins ahead of departure).
- Participants using their own boards are reasponsible for ensuring they have the appropriate licence to use the river and have their own adequate liability insurance.
- Own-board participants must also ensure that their equipment, including leashes and PFDs are in good working order.
- PFDs are mandatory for all participants whether using their own board or hiring one.
- just SUP uk accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings/equipment.
- The cost of drinks (or food) is not included in the fee to attend or cost of hire.
- Should the weather or river flow prevent the event from going ahead due to safety reasons, just SUP uk will roll any fees paid on to the next event.
PLEASE NOTE : This social paddle is on the River Wey which is not covered by the EA Thames licences. Those hiring a board for the event will have River Wey licences included in the cost of their hire.
I will use my own SUP£5.00
I will hire a SUP£25.00