SUP'n SIP : The Sunbury Surfari
Time & Location
About the Event
just SUP uk is delighted to be collaborating with Dee and Gareth from On the River SUP who are based on the Thames at Lower Sunbury for this SUP'n SIP event.
This will be a SUP'n SIP with a difference as we will be paddling along a hidden and twisty-turny backwater, navigating fallen trees, shallows and also a short board carry to rejoin the main river Thames downstream. As this is a slightly more 'technical' paddle (in skiing terms it would be a good BLUE/easy RED run!) we are recommending it to those with good board control.
The pub-stop will be at The Weir Pub (where there is easy access to the river bank), followed by an easy upstream paddle back to the launch spot.
Places are also limited to 8 only, so book early.
As always, the overriding theme is to enjoy an evening's paddle with some like-minded paddlers and explore a different stretch of the Thames.
You are welcome to bring your own SUP or hire one from us for the occasion.
- Paddlers must be competent (able to fully control a board) and must take full responsibility for their own ability.
- If you bring your own board please arrive 30 minutes before the departure time to set your gear up.
- just SUP uk and On the river SUP accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings/equipment and participants paddle at entirely their own risk.
- Participants using their own boards are reasponsible for ensuring they have the appropriate licence to use the river.
- Own-board participants must also ensure that their equipment, including leashes and PFDs are in good working order.
- Should the weather or river conditions prevent the event from going ahead (for safety reasons), just SUP uk will roll any fees paid on to the next event.
- PFDs (buoyancy aids) are included in the cost of hiring a board and are mandatory for those hiring a board.
- Register for the event and select OWN BOARD or HIRE BOARD options.
- Number of places is strictly limited.
- Cost of drinks/food is not included in any fees paid to attend the event.
- Some parts of the backwater are quite shallow and depending on river level, may involve a short walk to protect board fins. Appropriate footwear is strongly recommeded.
- We will also be required to carry boards a short distance up a boat-ramp which can be slippery so again, approporiate footwear is recommeded.
- Sold OutHIRE BOARD£25£250£0
- Sold OutOWN BOARD£5£50£0