SUP'n SIP : THE SWAN HOTEL & SECRET SPOT
A lovely paddle from The Swan Hotel near Staines Bridge, to a secret spot and back...for a pint (or a glass) of something cold!
Time & Location
14 Jul 2022, 18:40 – 20:40
Staines-upon-Thames, The Hythe, Staines-upon-Thames, Staines TW18 3JB, UK
About the Event
As always, this is a gentle social paddle with like-minded paddlers!
We will launch from The Swan Hotel at Staines Bridge and head up-stream to the Runnymede Hotel. Once there we'll explore a secret spot back-water before drifting back to the Swan Hotel where we can tie up the boards and sit riverside for a well earned cold drink.
Paddlers will need to be competent at controlling their board as the route to the secret spot can be classed as 'technical'.
This means avoiding specific obstacles (trees/rocks/shallows) and being able to steer your board with a degree of confidence. The aim is to paddle as a group, make new friends and have a chat along the way. It's not a race and no one gets left behind.
- Wearing of PFDs (buoyancy aids) is mandatory for all participants
- Those using their own boards are responsible for ensuring they are licensed for the Thames and have adequate liability insurance.
- Own board users should arrive appx 2--30 minutes before in order to gear up.
- Own board participants must also ensure that their equipment, including leashes and PFDs are in good working order.
- just SUP uk is not responsible for any damage or loss to own board users equipment or personal belongings.
- This event is for competent paddlers (ie. can steer, stop, turn around and remain in control of a board at all times).
- The cost of hiring a board includes all equipment (incl PFD) and river licences.
- Should the weather or river flow prevent the event from going ahead due to safety reasons, just SUP uk will roll any fees paid on to the next event.
- The cost of drinks/food is not included in any fees paid to attend.
- just SUP uk standard terms and conditions apply to all board hirer.
I'll hire a board.£25.00
I'll use my own board.£5.00