SUP'n SIP : Truss's Island
A leisurely, social-SUP for competent paddlers along a residential stretch of the Thames to the charming Swan Hotel at Staines. Bring your own board or hire one of ours!
Time & Location
29 Jul 2021, 18:00 – 21:00
Egham Hythe Car Park, Egham Hythe, Staines TW18 3LS, UK
About the Event
The Social SUPs are exactly that...social ! And a great opportunity to forget the stresses of the week and get out on the river for an evening paddle for couple of hours with lovely, like-minded SUPers.
The aim is to paddle as a group, make new friends and have a chat along the way. It's not a race and no one gets left behind.
This time we are launching from the free car park at Truss's Island (Egham Hythe). It's a gentle upstream paddle of appx 1 mile towards Staines Bridge (with an optional short loop around Church Island), before coming back to the Swan Hotel for refreshments and a light bite to eat. We can tie up the boards and sit riverside with a cold drink....
Then an easy downstream paddle back to the car park for around 9pm.
You are welcome to bring your own SUP (£5) or hire one from us (£25) if you don't have one.
- Paddlers must be competent (able to fully control a board) and must take full responsibility for their ability.
- If you bring your own board please arrive 30 minutes before the departure time to set your gear up.
- just SUP uk accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings/equipment.
- Participants using their own boards are reaspnsible for ensuring they have the appropriate licence to use the river.
- Own-board participants must also ensure that their equipment, incluuding leashes and PFDs are in good working order.
- Anyone hiring a board must complete and bring with them a Consent and Medical Declaration Form. Click HERE.
- Should the weather or river flow prevent the event from going ahead due to safety reasons, just SUP uk will roll any fees paid on to the next event.
- PFDs (buoyancy aids) are included in the cost of hiring a board and are mandatory for those hiring a board.
- For those using their own board, PFDs can be hired (£4) if required.
- Places are limited.
- Cost of drinks/food is not included in any fees paid to attend the event.
I will be using my own SUP.£5.00
I will hire a SUP£25.00