SUP'N SIP : WALTON BRIDGE to THE WEIR
Another chance to paddle in a group and enjoy a drink at the halfway pint. (point, at the half way POINT). Bring your own SUP or hire one from us for the occasion.
Time & Location
16 Aug, 18:45 – 21:00
Cowey Sale Car Park, Walton Ln, Shepperton, Walton-on-Thames KT12 1QW, UK
About the Event
We will launch at the Cowey Sale car park (free) and paddle downstream to the Weir Pub, where we'll stop for a drink, before paddling back (upstream) to the car park.
Total distance appx 3 miles, total paddling time appx 90 minutes. As always this is not a race and we will paddle as a group.
Whether you're a regular paddler or just need a reason to get out on the water the SUP'n SIPS are for you. You can use your own board or hire one of ours. The only requirement is that you are a competent paddler (see below).
PARKING : Park at the Cowey Sale car park close to Walton Bridge.
ACCESS to RIVER : Via the tow path opposite the car park.
- Paddlers must be competent (able to fully control a board) and must take full responsibility for their own ability.
- If you bring your own board please arrive 20minutes before the departure time to set your gear up.
- just SUP uk accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings/equipment; and participants paddle at entirely their own risk.
- Participants using their own boards are reasponsible for ensuring they have the appropriate licence to use the river.
- Own-board participants must also ensure that their equipment, including leashes and PFDs are in good working order.
- Should the weather or river conditions prevent the event from going ahead (for safety reasons), just SUP uk will roll any fees paid on to the next event.
- PFDs (buoyancy aids) are included in the cost of hiring a board and are mandatory for anyone participating (even with their own board). hiring a board.
- Register for the event below and select OWN BOARD or HIRE BOARD options.
- Number of places is limited.
- Cost of drinks is not included in any fees paid to attend the event.
- Please, no food orders at the pub as we won't have time.
- Paddles in the river for 6.45pm.
I will hire a board for this event.£25.00
I will use my own board.£5.00