SUP'SIP pt 2
Time & Location
About the Event
A friendly and gentle social paddle up-stream for competent paddleboarders, to The Bells of Ouzely pub at Old Windsor, taking in some historic sites of interest on the way.
First stage is a 45-60 minute paddle (depending on the flow), then a 30-40minute break to take on much needed fluids, followed by a gentle 25 minute downstream paddle back to the just SUP uk base at Runnymede.
The objective is to share an evening paddle with some like-minded paddleboarders and enjoy the river when it is less busy. It is not a race and no one gets left behind.
- Got your own board ? : Great, you are welcome to bring it along. No charge.
- Need to hire a board? : No problem. You can hire one at a special rate of £25. Once regsitered for the event please go to the Book Now link at the top of the page and select SUP'n SIP Social Paddle to book your board.
- Paddlers must be competent (able to fully control a board) and take full responsibility for their ability.
- If you bring your own board please arrive 30 minutes before the departure time to set your gear up.
- Those wishing to hire a board please use click Book Now button on the home page and select SUPn SIP.
- just SUP uk accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any personal belongings/equipment.
- Please note that the car park is chargable.
- PFDs (buoyancy aids) are included in the cost of hiring a board and are mandatory.
- For those using their own SUP, optional PFDs can be hired (£4) if required.
- For competent paddleboarders with or without their own boards.
- Duration : appx 1.5-2 hours (including stop). Appx. 1hr to 1hr 15mins paddling time.
- Pace : GENTLE (it's a social event after all).
- Distance : appx 2.8 miles.
- Places are limited so booking early is advised.
- Drinks are not included in the costs.
- Participents must have paddleboarded before and level of competence must include: able to control the board, steering, stopping & getting on/off unaided.
- It will be assumed that participants using their own boards have obtained the relevant license to use the river and have their own liability insurance.
- Own-board participants must also ensure that their equipment (including leashes and PFDs) is in good working order.
- If the event has to be called off due to poor weather conditions all/any fees will be carried over to the next alternative date.
just SUP uk standard T&Cs will apply to all participants hiring a SUP.